Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, and in the framework of the Assisted Voluntary Returns and Reintegration in Cyprus, as well as IOM Cyprus country office operations, the Operations Assistant (Legal) will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responding to regular written and oral enquiries from potential clients and their representatives regarding voluntary
- Interview returnees, assist in completing application forms and assessing their return and reintegration needs
- Verifying that all cases correspond with the agreed voluntary return criteria, and submit to relevant authorisation for approval
- If required, assist returnees in obtaining valid documentation to facilitate their travel and re‑entry to country of origin
- Ensure all reintegration applications are sent to the appropriate IOM mission, and evaluate needs of returnees in liaison with IOM mission. Co-ordinate the reintegration assistance with IOM Missions in countries of origin and Social Workers (assessment of the needs upon return; co-ordination of the investigation and the tailoring of the re-integration programme with the Field Mission and the social workers).
- Arrange the return travel for returnee by the most direct & economical route to final destination, including the provision of transit assistance if necessary
- Liaise as necessary and keep IOM’s missions at the countries of transit and destination informed.
- Provide legal assistance and explains Migrants’ rights
- Maintain beneficiary files and provide regular statistical reports to the Programme Coordinator
- When requested, conduct reintegration monitoring and evaluation activities in countries of return
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their Applications (CV and motivation/cover letter in English) to [email protected] quoting the above vacancy notice number “VN CY2019-01” in the subject of the email.